1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Worse now, and likely to get a lot worse

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by richard schumacher, Feb 25, 2010.

1. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You may have that much faith in your children and grandchildren. (I have no children of my one, just step kids) I have a lot less faith in future generation(s) than you do. I see a society of apathy, disengagement, overwhelming senses of entitlement etc. The "me" generation has turned into the "mine" generation.

Is this true of all young(er) people? Of course not. But I don't see huge numbers of young(er) people considering much if any sacrifice for some bigger public good. Be it volunteering, donating to charity, mentoring, a willingness to perhaps do with a bit less, and yes even a willingness to tax themselves a bit more to actually pay for the government services we all expect (and use daily) (Not to mention solving global warming issues).

So no, I am not very optimistic that the coming generation(s) are going to be the salvation. Sorry.

(We do indeed need to be the change we desire!)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well said, pas, i'm with you 100%. it's good for your pocketbook and the country. and maybe you'll influence a few people along the way! p.s., i have an older brother who sounds just like yours. i always marvel at our differences.:rolleyes:

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry to hear it, i feel exactly the opposit. i think the last election was evidence of that and i think it will only get better.:)

4. ems1

ems1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The last election was evidence of the fact that the youth today are idiots:pop2:

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you have a right to your opinion, and i to mine, but i don't think mccain/palin was a great alternative.

6. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think 42% is pretty good. what's the average?

8. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't want to rely on 58% of folks that don't bother to vote to save the world!

9. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    So where's the evidence? Never mind that your assertion just doesn't make any logical sense if you know anything about the mortgage crisis and subprime mortgages in general...

In any case..

Federal Reserve Governor Kroszner: "We have not yet seen empirical evidence to support these claims, nor has it been our experience in implementing the law over the past 30 years that the CRA has contributed to the erosion of safe and sound lending practices."

FRB: Speech--Kroszner, The Community Reinvestment Act and the Recent Mortgage Crisis--December 3, 2008 (note links in footnotes)

Is there an icon for white=black?

1 person likes this.