1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why of why - lame designs...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rrolff, Sep 17, 2009.

1. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In designing the Prius to move it more upmarket, it seems Toyota pulled a lot of features from the Lexus IS series: the LED spotlight over the shifter, LED lights in the front footwell (IV and Vs only), the design of the front seats and headrests, the sliding and tilting center armrest with the hidden second cupholder, and the 12V plug with AUX input at the very back of the center console. Too bad they didn't use the simply-to-use dial for the sunroof control that the IS has, and the LED lighting over the license plate. Actually... it's a mystery why they didn't use LED lighting throughout the interior. For a car that revolves around efficiency, this would seem more logical to use than the regular incandescent bulbs. Just one man's opinions...

2. Pugsy

Pugsy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm just glad I got one of the newer cars that has the USB interface preinstalled. If I had to control my ipod from the unit itself I'd probably be pulling my hair out, because I could never close the console completely. I know there have been a lot of complaints about the interface, but I find it very easy to use. But then, I only have about 10 playlists so it doesn't take me long to scroll through them.

I do miss having a place for my change, and I have no idea where to put my sunglasses. I usually keep them in the front cupholder, but that's not ideal.

3. bluemonday

bluemonday New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My console cover seems to close just fine even with the audio cable to the iPod coming out...

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't there a groove for the iPod cable to be routed out through?

5. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    :) I'm only talking about the design of locating a AUX and 12V jack in the back bottom rear of the center console - not the mods I'm working on ;)

6. MikeDS

MikeDS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, it is clearly your fault! ;-)