1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prepaid Maintenance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jim06, Jan 4, 2006.

1. cgraham

cgraham Member

Thanks for the correction, which is somewhat reassuring: but how do I know the proper rate was applied? Am I going to antagonize the service manager by demanding to see "the book" every time?

Someone mentioned being charged a large amount for replacing a light bulb on another thread: was that the book rate?

You must excuse my lack of optimism: I gave up on sub-standard dealer (not Toyota) service many years ago as I found reliable independent shops. The Prius forces me back to the dealer - about the only down-side to the purchase.

C

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sometimes they are just gimmicks to get you to come in and then they try to replace everything they can get away with...... they make money on both ends of the stick!...

If your gonna use it, you have to be wise about it.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it's all programmed into their computers. for some jobs they allow techs to make the call (extensive di-ag time) but it is always checked and approved by the service manager and probably the asst service manager too.

depends on the light bulb... :unsure:

i sensed that. i think if you find a good tech, you will be pleased. i keep stressing that because while dealers are obviously their own entities, techs are much like independent businessmen. each is different. some are more proficient than others. some are more efficient than others. each conducts his business differently. many put their customers above all else. some put money above all else. some have more drive and technical ability, you see where i'm going. this is why you should judge not by the dealer (unless of course you have a horrible experience with the service mgr or service writer) but by the tech.

of course, this is the world i hear about on a nightly basis, and my tech is my best friend, so i tend to have a slight "in" in the world of car repair. ;)

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV