1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Southern California Edison raise from .13 to .14 per Kilowatt!

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by LA2014Prius, Jul 18, 2014.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    JBumps and JamesBurke of WV - ...sounds like you guys both saying elec rates going up in WV? Wonder why? I know the coal plants facing some pressure but we are not seeing that increase in VA/MD to my knowledge (of course we were higher than WV - 12 cents for VA and MD higher yet probably)

You're welcome Beachnut for the tax subsidy, well not sure I agree with it, but I am a pragmatist: if they have a good incentive, go for it. My state should do more to get those green incentives. Are you CA? As far as nat gas re: slowness of increased use, keep in mind nat gas needs much more infrastruture and forward planning (pipeline construction etc) so the revolution you are expecting is actually happening in very slo mo. There is quite some political resistance to exports (for example some industry groups oppose it because they feel this will increase their costs). Not to mention one helluva infrastructure cost and time delay to build liquifaction facilities for LNG export.

2. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not to justifies fees on top of fees on top of taxes, but often utilities now have to separate the cost of the fuel from the cost of delivering it to you. It used to be simple: the (singular) natural gas company bought the natural gas from whomever it chose, and delivered it you through their pipelines, and you paid the gas company whatever was the price approved by the regulatory agency. Now the gas is purchased from various sources (which the user may or may not have some say about), but still delivered through the existing pipelines, which are owned by a company which may or may not actually own any gas, so the pricing gets complicated. Same for electric service.

rxlawdude likes this.
  3. JBumps

JBumps Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    First Energy's rate increase is two fold. There us a base rate component, that I view as a typical periodic request to increase due to inflating costs of production. The second is to cover a new vegetation management effort. Interstitial enough, they severely cut back preventative efforts years ago and reaped the financial benefits, only to turn around later and claim a needed rate increase to bring back previously existing service levels.

#43 JBumps, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    5.8 cents/kWh overnight cost.
    About 2 cents per mile for our EVs.

Gas at our local station is $3.27/gallon. Once the XL pipeline goes through we expect our gas prices to go up.

5. LA2014Prius

LA2014Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Depends on where you live here in Los Angeles, gasoline price range from $3.819 to 4.xx.