1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Some makers wait, others forge ahead on hybrids

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Pinto Girl, Sep 21, 2006.

1. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Sep 23 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]323901[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, I have been wondering just what he was arguing about! I thought he was just bashing Toyota.

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasalsa @ Sep 21 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]323215[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure there's a Hummer or Escalade EXT that needs an American Flag attached to its antenna out there on the lot somewhere.

If the debate is a wider one, focusing on the factors which encourage sprawl, isolation, and individual automobiles, then that's cool and definitely worthy of discussion in my humble opinion. But, be that as it may, I still don't see how the Prius can be singled out as a specific contributor to problems such as these?

Besides, emotionally, isn't it pickups and SUV's that are encouraging rugged individualism and escapism (and, as a consequence, isolation, low density living situations, and excesses of personal space)...? I think that the Prius is actually a very urban, high density automotive expression.