1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Solved, rear wheel bearing removal, easy way

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by CrniMilorad, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Merv Himself

Merv Himself Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Does anybody know if this would be the same process for a 2013 Prius V? ( haven't taken my apart yet to see if things are the same inside.)

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  3. pjksr02

pjksr02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just used the bolt method on my 2002 Sienna, which has been through 17 New England Winters. It works, but you also must use a good penetrating oil (I used Aerokroil and PB Blaster). One of the bearings was really tough, and my M12 bolts bent (Grade M8.8 = SAE Grade 5). I also used a torch to heat things up, since nothing was moving. Eventually, the penetrating oil started to slip in between the hub assemble and the backing, and finally the second bearing popped, after a couple of hammer blows. Persistence pays. Now, I need to replace a humming bearing on the 2010 Prius.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. MrPete

MrPete Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I used bolts on my '11 Gen3. Works great. Do this BEFORE hammering... and do it gently (@ChapmanF gives an appropriate warning above.)