1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Safety Recall Rear Doors

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by exbauer, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I got my lock switches replaced today finally. For all my (legit) complaining about all the other times I have gone to the dealer, this time was completely pleasant! It took all day, but I wasn't in a rush, so wasn't pushing them.

Will

flim likes this.
  2. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Toyota pays the dealers 1.4hrs for the job(including 0.1hrs for administrative overhead). If the tech was able to start on the job immediately, and this wasn't the first one they did, an hour isn't unreasonable. Especially since it sounds like two techs might have been briefly working on it at the same time.

The 3-4 hour estimates probably come from adding in buffer time when the car has been dropped off, but the tech can't get to it right away. Customers are much happier getting word their car is done early, as opposed to showing up and finding out it isn't finished yet.

3. Zeromus

Zeromus Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Yeah my dealer does this too. I still need to book my recall. We've been busy at work and if can wait a bit longer to avoid scheduling headaches with their shuttle service.

I'd like to work at the dealer while they do it since I book early in the AM, and they usually finish WAY ahead of schedule to your point. But my calendar is full of stuff I can't do reliably or sensitively from the dealership. I need to get back to the paperwork part of my work swing for that.

It also doesn't help that prius are so few sold until very recently here, that I do have that worry about how many times people have had the work done lol Its my first new car so I'm extra cautious about people pulling it apart :p

4. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I got mine done yesterday when I went in for the 15k service. Took probably 2.5 hours.

Now, I notice that with the rear doors open, if you go and depress the lever as if to open the door, it makes the activation noise. Both doors and, yeah, you can definitely hear it. I did not notice this behavior pre-recall, especially how you can hear it now.

For all the owners who are skeptical of a tech's ability to perform said recall, don't be. Dealerships aren't just gonna let some random guy work on your car. They know what they're doing.

5. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe you just hadn't done that. The motor on mine does that after recall, just as it always did.

They just replaced the switch. There's no new motor or wiring logic.

flim likes this.
  6. priusdriver223

priusdriver223 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I have gotten a physical mail regarding the recall, i also have watched videos on it way before they announced the official recall. Luckily, my 2023 XLE, no issues, have driven in heavy snow, heavy rain, have withstand me power washing the car every week. Cheers!

7. DailyGrind

DailyGrind New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Just curious if anyone has run into this but I heard that if you have window visors that you have to remove the rears to gain access to the switch. Has anyone run into this issue?

8. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I took my car in early morning today and the service advisor asked if I wanted to wait but it will take 2 hours so I took their shuttle home. I got a call 2 hours later that my car was ready! My invoice showed 1.4 unit for the job.

9. CeruleanBlue

CeruleanBlue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Got mine done yesterday. Estimated 90 minutes and that's pretty close to what it took.

10. theRob

theRob Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I suggest you guys take a good look at your doors after you get it back. I did mine about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Took about 4 hours. Today as I’m cleaning the car I noticed the window seal was not put on correctly and I noticed dents on both doors they worked on. So disappointed.

upload_2024-10-14_19-42-44.jpeg

#210 theRob, Oct 14, 2024 at 7:42 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 11:19 PM
    Zeromus and soft_r like this.
  11. GcinFl

GcinFl New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Oh my goodness! Mine's going in tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.

theRob likes this.
  12. theRob

theRob Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Here are some more pictures.

upload_2024-10-15_12-3-11.jpeg upload_2024-10-15_12-3-11.jpeg upload_2024-10-15_12-3-11.jpeg upload_2024-10-15_12-3-11.jpeg

Attached Files:

13. GcinFl

GcinFl New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    theRob, Have you talked to the dealer service about this yet? I had an appointment to have mine done this morning. But after seeing your post I cancelled it. I see you're in Florida. Please tell me it's not Daytona Toyota that did this. Thank you.

#213 GcinFl, Oct 15, 2024 at 8:59 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 9:11 PM
  14. purplePriii

purplePriii Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, we want a name! That's got to be the worst one we've seen so far!

On a side note, I also got mine done. I don't see any damage but my trim by the handle is tucked in on white side and out on the other! On this side the trim closest to the handle is tucked in at the bottom and towards the top isn't. Anybody have any pics of theirs? I'm not sure what it's supposed to be.

Trying to add a pic and link if it doesn't work:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

F54-AC96-E-C491-4-D8-D-BB7-A-96210657-EA69 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

15. theRob

theRob Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I haven’t talked the dealer yet. I was going to today but did not get a chance to. It’s West Kendall Toyota in Miami.