1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Wheels: Can some "photoshop" tint on the windows ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Volstylexx, Dec 9, 2011.

1. swaggingprius

swaggingprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What the..? The guy is just trying to share his decision about getting wheels to his ride, but now I guess he has to thank you for the unsolicited lecture. Maybe a "hey, those wheels are too heavy and might drag the car more than it is intended to. Why not try XXX that look similar and address the weight/drag issue much better?" I guess, we all have our styles.

Enjoy you MPG!

1 person likes this.
  2. NineScorpions

NineScorpions Economy, Meet Style!!

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow...you are apologizing, fear of offending, and offering to be off base. Perhaps you should have thought twice before posting since you really brought no value to his question. Belittling someone based upon your own assumptions is what I consider "off base".

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think Sage is simply making it obvious that putting such large wheels with performance oriented tires is going to drop MPG in a significant way. Most people new to the Prius do not realize how much they will actually lose and often do not search PC for such effects. *shrug* Maybe there was a bit too much personal opinion in the post but Sage is a good person and respected in the PC community. We all make posts that were better left "unsaid" but it's not my place to judge this one. :)

If anything it makes people think about their choice and how it will affect their fuel economy so they don't have a leg to stand on if they come back crying about getting < 40mpg.

4. NineScorpions

NineScorpions Economy, Meet Style!!

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Even at 18's...you only have two LRR tires (that I recall) and they are quite expensive. I just recently got my wheels and tires and went with the Continental Extreme DWS (non LRR) mostly for price, performance, and treadwear. They seem to get the best reviews. If your wheels are 19x7.5...look at a 225 tire. Look forward to the pics...only seen a handful here with 19" and they do look sharp. Without looking at the Drag website...my guess is they are 24lb wheels.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Those are good tires despite not being LRR. I would likely choose them if I had 18s. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Volstylexx

Volstylexx New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Wow, didn't know that was going to set off a debate. The wheels are 18 inch, the wheel name is Drag 19 (little misleading in that regard).

I only wish my prius had been given to me. Have done quite a bit of research on here and haven't seen anyone say their mpg had dropped below 30.

Nonetheless I appreciate the feedback!

7. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know about below 30(HOW you drive matters a lot,) but below 40 seems a given.

8. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It doesn't matter which rims you buy - it's all about stance!!! A set of bright pink rims with a wide, flush stance will look better than a set of $2000 rims with no attention to stance.

9. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's all about the spacers... :)