1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2010 owners - what reactions have you received?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Jul 4, 2009.

1. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    Nothing showed up??? Just working. Took a week off to go to Utah hiking with my husband. Trying to get out in the real world for a bit but missed you guys :)

2. 2010_Prius_Owner

2010_Prius_Owner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So far I get good reactions, most of the younger crowd really like it. They think it's cool. I get a number of people all ages asking me questions about it, what gas mileage, how much does it cost....Guys at the Fire Station like it. Same questions from them. My Chief says, "It looks like a bullet.", as he is sitting in his SUV. I said, "Yep, it's the bullet." People a pretty impressed with the gas mileage reports.

My older brother liked it, first said he might get one, but then later decided it has to many buttons. I told him they make them without the NAV, a pretty basic model. I think after he gets to ride in it more, he'll feel less intimidated when he figures out half those buttons are for the Audio System.

And of course to a vast majority, it is just another car on the road.

I definitely get other Prius owners checking it out.
    Overall reaction is favorable.

Oh and there are some of the younger guys wanting to race. Had a kid in a Mustang riding my rear up at 70 mph. I was entering town and decided I should back down on the speed. :rolleyes: It must be the sporty new look.

3. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "Hey that's the new Prius. It's tight!"

Our neighbor said this today. I was surprised to hear such high praise from a 13 year old. Thanks little dude, you have great taste.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Since when did 13 year olds talked like that?

5. FlipStylee270

FlipStylee270 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was a little spooked one time when driving through a rough neighborhood in EV mode, I have 20% tint all around except windshield. As I drove past quietly by a group of people, they all stood up. I guess I'll never do that again, maybe I gave some of them ideas....

6. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They must have thought it was a spaceship gliding by! :D

7. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    At least he didn't say, "Look honey, that's the new Honda Insight!"

8. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :D Hehehe, ain't that the truth.
    A few people have told me how they didn't like the First Generation Prius because it had those ugly things covering the wheel well. When I say that wasn't a Prius but the first Insight they never believe me until I show them a picture with the Honda emblem showing. Not that the First Gen Prius was much of a looker I guess...

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    true but it was small and had a super tight turning circle. And it seated 5, not 2 haha.

10. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I finally got a reaction out of somebody. The other day, on my way to buy a leaf blower to dry off my Priius, I was waiting for someone to get out of his car before I pulled into the space next to him. However, he didn't get out, but kept waiting. So I eventually pulled in. When I got out, he got out, too, and exclaimed, "Is that the solar roof?? Really, you have a solar roof?" I assured him it really was the solar roof. He then went on to explain that his wife had wanted to trade in her Gen II Prius for a new one with a solar roof, but he had been told by the dealer that you can't get one. This is the same dealer that told me, a week before I got mine, that solar roofs aren't being manufactured yet and I wouldn't be able to get one for 5 months.

11. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm picking mine up at the dealership tomorrow morning.

If people start asking me I'll say things like: "Oh you never need to put gas in it- it runs entirely off of the solar panel"....or..."Yes, it has a solar roof and moonroof and parallel parks itself and has radar and gps and Nav Lady and it dry cleans all my suits too...in fact, I can let go of the wheel on most roads and it will drive itself."...and..."On a really sunny day the solar panel feels electricity back INTO the PG&E grid and it pays for itself".

12. Grateful11

Grateful11 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I had to meet my siblings at the lawyers office yesterday, we're trying settle my parents estate lost them both this year, and my brother came through the door and looked me said, "Did you buy a Prius!". I said yes and then questions started and my SIL said, "I want one of those", my sister wanted to know how much it was and she said that might have to her replacement for her older Camry. Naturally I had to show them under the hood. One sister didn't even look at it or say anything about it.

13. jwarrenjg

jwarrenjg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    mine was devious because an insight stayed to my side like provoking me then cut me off so at the stop light i took it real easy gliding my hand to the power button then zoooomm. i bet he was like.. is that really a prius?

14. alohabailey

alohabailey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I find the same. Other prius owners don't even bother to look.
    Some people ogle it or give it the once over to see what it is.
    Today was the first day we saw another G3 owner, who honked and asked how we like it. Had a short discussion at the red light. :)

15. asj2009

asj2009 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Must have thought it was U-turn in his Prius :D

16. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  17. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fantastic reaction. I never got that kind of reaction when we had our '05. (and even now with the 2005).

• sporty!
    • beautiful blue colour!
    • I love it!
    • It drives sooo smoothly
    • It's quiet!
    • Ahh, there's the music (JBL audio, classical music, sound setup properly)
    • It's got pep considering there are 4 ppl on board
    • The brakes are pretty good
    • Wow... it looks a lot better. Sportier.
    • Yeah I'd say the interior is a lot better than the old one. The old one felt cheap
    • Holy crap there's a lotta space [in front seat]
    • Wow, there's a lot of legroom in the back and the front seat's all the way back?!?
    • What's Power Mo...... holy shh... This isn't right. A Prius isn't supposed to be this powerful :)D I scared him with a PWR Mode acceleration)

18. asj2009

asj2009 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Drove my kid and his friend to school. The friend (15 years old) kept saying AWESOME and asking how much the car cost. Probably most impressed with the reverse camera and voice activated GPS/phone.

Btw, i'll try again today, but the GPS seems more clueless in terms of calculating routes than my portable one (and definitely google maps on my blackberry). Maybe it's just because I'm programming it wrong.