1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone tried or experienced the Pre-Collision System?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Jimbo69ny, Aug 17, 2012.

1. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have had two memorable occasions where the seat belt pulled me back into my seat, the brakes engaged, and I was not in an accident. I wonder whether I could say the last of the three things if not for the PCS.
    Are you asking to completely disable the system? In my car the ACC (or DRCC) isn't engaged until I turn on the cruise, set a speed, and then also choose the distance separation. I can set the cruise control without engaging the radar-set separation, but I don't understand why I would do so.

2. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I wanted to do it because sometimes I'd rather take control myself. If someone slows down in front of me I'd rather coast than let the car apply the brakes and waste the forward momentum.

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I completely understand, and this is why I don't use the cruise control that often, anyway. Still, when I use it, I don't experience the car braking to slow down unless the car infront of my is braking. If that were the case, I'd be braking, anyway. The only time this changes is when it is easy for me to change lanes to get around the car, and it really is not a common occurrence.

4. DLee

DLee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You have to diable it while cruise is off.

5. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And you push the cruise c0ntrol lever back toward the dashboard to enable/disable the radar functionality.

6. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Weird that doesnt work for me. I have tried tapping it, holding it and pressing it numerous times.