1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

fuel pump? code #3190

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DMil, Jun 19, 2023.

1. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, all those who have to live with state emissions inspections can't do anything like that - I don't see any way that a "non bladder" fuel tank design would work without setting a number of EVAP codes.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Oh gosh I would think you'd be able to get around that pretty easily by hooking up to evap system to the existing EVAP system in the car All those hoses coming off that tank that are dealing with EVAP wind up doing basically one thing A suction pulls that evap up into the engine to burn it up our job will be to get that sucking to happen at the appropriate time and to bring it up to the front of the car and burn it I'm pretty sure that's not going to be something that's going to turn into a big to do over on toy mods back in the '80s We had a lot heavier projects than that of course these cars weren't even thought of then. I'm just trying to get a tank that will pretty much fit the frame of the car so I can get that part in fairly easily these two vehicles I think even have the gas tank door and all that on the same side so on and so forth so your filler tube and all that should be able to be played with enough to get it to fit the Yaris or the XA tank and then from there getting evap to pull etc should not be a real big deal The Yaris and XA tank should have a similar charcoal system solenoid and all that sitting out back next to it that we should be able to tie into fairly easily If the United Kingdom tank can eliminate the bladder still haven't evap system a changeable fuel pump and a manageable fuel gauge sender then we're good

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sure, different model Toyotas have normal EVAP systems compared to a Gen2 US Prius. They also have the ECM programming to test those normal systems.

You can hook up all the wires and hoses from a normal system to the Prius, and most of it should "work", until it gets to the point where it tests the air around the bladder for leaks (fuel vapors). Then it will fail and set a code.

I really don't care enough to consider how that would have to be "bypassed" to keep the MIL off. Yes it's a crap design - oh well. Deal with it.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I do gas tank supplies in the US are pretty much endless Do they all work have no idea but at 25 $30 a pop at LKQ or what have you I'm sure most of them work most of the cars get dumped for what electrical issues and brake actuators it seems like. 1600 for an ABS pump to most people is out of reach That's like '80s prices for BMW 740s and crap. Nowadays that's all supposed to be handled by the aftermarket rebuilders AI cardone whoever. Not customers and owners worried about running back to the Toyota dealership to spend $1,700 plus dollars just for the part absolutely not No Not many people are going for that especially on a car that's 20 years old so written off they get.