1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flat tire (OEM Yoko S33D) at 9k, warranty?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by errantneuron, Jun 3, 2012.

1. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    10mph is actually fast -- all that force on the tire/rim ... you were lucky that the rim was not damaged. It is not reasonable to expect a tire to survive without any damage .............. often tires are damaged by curbs or even pot holes and not discovered to be damaged until they fail in the future or looked at internally when replaced.

2. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The OP should be embarrassed posting something like this.

It is like saying I was going 60 MPH and hit a wall that caused major damage. Should this be covered by a warranty?

3. pjksr02

pjksr02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The lovely theory of product liability allows us to say it's the curb owner's fault, because the curb wasn't there until they put it there, hence they caused this incident by installing an obviously dangerous curb.

(I don't agree, and I'm not a lawyer.)

4. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To the OP - sorry but no warranty coverage for what happened to your tire. Warranty is for defects or damage caused by the manufacturer, not the driver.

To almost everyone else who posted replies, cracks me up reading some of your responses.:p:D