1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DVD Navigation updates

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SDiego, Jun 3, 2005.

1. jandmayra

jandmayra New Member

O.K. I have read this several times in this thread, but I cannot find any instructions as to how to do this. How does one install the NAV updates? Since they come on a DVD, is it simply a matter of inserting the disc into a (albeit hidden) drive?

2. myride

myride Junior Member

:mrgreen: go in the back seat, look under the drivers seat and on the rear of the nav unit you will see the dvd slot.
    this is where the updates are inserted. good luck
    :mrgreen:

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DHonzik\";p=\"106184)</div>
    All the 04 NAV equipped Priuses plus the early 05 models with version 4.1 qualify for the free upgrade. The offer expires December 31, 2005.

4. jandmayra

jandmayra New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(myride\";p=\"106348)</div>
    O.K. so there is a DVD drive in the vehicle. Doesn't every CD and DVD manufacturer list as a warning to keep their media out of hot places such as car interiors? ;-)

Also, every salesman I spoke with concerning the Navigation system always stated that the updates had to be performed by the Toyota dealer. Is there anything else they do to the car/system other than insert a new DVD into the drive? Sounds like a scam to me.