1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer says that Prius has a "wet" oil filter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Signboy, Dec 3, 2005.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I particularly like the gasket on Toyota oil filters. Many of the others tend to bunch up and bind, and have square shoulders, they can leak if they are put on too tight.

When I worked at the dealership, we had cutaways of the Toyota and the Fram. You could see how much better the Toyota filter was. I don't know if the parts departments still have these displays, or if they are still relevant.

Nate

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nate:

Absolutely! I like how a proper o-ring is used instead of a chunk of rubberized gasket material. Properly applied, an o-ring gasket requires much less torque - effort - to install and especially to remove.

jay

3. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you're at all tech-savvy, you've heard of semiconductor processes referred to as ".13 micron", '.090 micron", etc. For example, "The Athlon 64 I bought at Fry's last night was manufactured using their .090 micron process." Probably more common is to express the minimum feature size in nanometers, i.e. 130nm and 90nm.