1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

900 miles so far - 3 bars left of the original tank

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mozdzen, Jun 17, 2012.

1. GCPExit12

GCPExit12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sign up for Fuelly and share your amazing accomplishments! Make sure you get the badge for your priuschat forum sig

2. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Adding 15% underestimates charging loss, b/c the math is incorrect. 85% charging efficiency from wall to battery means that to convert the battery kWh back to wall, you have to divide by 0.85 which is the same as multiplying by 1/0.85 ~= 1.176, which would be adding 17.6%, not 15%.

usbseawolf2000 likes this.
  3. I am sure I learned all that in school, thanks, it is fun pondering math sometimes

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't think it's that high though. most people with kilowatts are measuring 3.1-3.3 from an empty battery.

5. DCDave

DCDave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    first fillup with PiP.jpg
    Here's the readout at my first fill-up: I put in 8.25 gallons after traveling 1126 miles, with a bar (and six miles of EV) still showing. I had some extra freelance work that required longer trips - otherwise I'd still be on one-third of a tank. Not a record breaker, but I like it!

6. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Makes you wonder what others think of reports like that, eh?

Having a plug allows us to effortlessly shatter previous MPG records. Tank distances vary dramatically. Winter is going to introduce a new twist as well.

I think it's very exciting exploring the new potential... and obviously you as a new owner certainly are enjoying that! Thanks for the photo.

DCDave likes this.
  7. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Looks like your wait to get a plug-in really paid off. For me, today's weekend outing was 59 miles on just 1 charge. Though, 74 MPG is nothing to complain about, that's not going to allow me to surpass my own max of 850 miles.

DCDave likes this.
  8. chesleyn

chesleyn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Are you guys running it down to 0 notches on the fuel gauge? I've been filling up at 2 -- max mileage at 747. I'm sure I could get another 100 or 200 miles, but I get nervous.

9. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I wait for the blink, then fill up almost immediately following it.

The estimated range value does an excellent job of giving you a heads up when that will happen.

10. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You guys are doing wonderful. I admired. My Gen 2 can only do 56mpg max,(my record).
    I'm thinking of getting one.
    Keep up your good job.

11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i went from the 08 to the pip and loving it, join the club! i notice a local dealer here has 7 on the lot and is discounting them!

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i also waited for the blink and then filled. i think filling at 2 is a good habit so you don't get caught short.

13. drinnovation

drinnovation EREV for EVER!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Be aware Fulley will not compute/track data with > 200MPG (or maybe its 250..) PiP owners might want to keep asking for the fix to at least allow any PHEV MPG to be valid. (Its useless for volts.. my last tank won't register since its too high an MPG.. so my average is useless too -- but we have Voltstats while PiP does not.

So right ow fuelly badges are only for those with lower MPG.

14. GCPExit12

GCPExit12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You are such a troll, how much is Govermnent Motors paying you to spew their propaganda here?

15. drinnovation

drinnovation EREV for EVER!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not associated with GM or any car company. I'm an educator that likes to stick to fact and figures.. you seem to be the one that just spew's propaganda with no real facts to support it.

Funny that you call me a troll but I don't see you helping the Prius community much.. your not even contributing your data to the PiP MPG spreadsheet (where I have helped with the formula's and keeping the sheet working even if I don't own a PiP.) In that thread you'll find multiple posts from priuschat members about fuelly and the problem -- there are PiP drivers whose tank's won't register there either and other wanting Fuelly to fix it and track KW too. Here are a few:

PIP & MPG Spreadsheet | PriusChat
    PIP & MPG Spreadsheet | Page 3 | PriusChat
    PIP & MPG Spreadsheet | Page 4 | PriusChat

And there are comments in other threads too. I was just pointing out that fuelly has its limits and since you seem to want to support fuelly suggesting maybe you write to them too.

P.S.. I mentioned the volt issues since if you look for volts on Fuelly.. the data for many of the cars is wrong.. except for those that get poor overall MPG because they use so much gas. Its why there are few volts on Fuelly

16. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The intention to educate is their, but the responses to others are laced opinion. I suggest excluding adjectives to change perception. Remember, presentation is more effective...