1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

30,000 mile maintence

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by drpoehls, Oct 21, 2010.

1. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  2. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    all,

I thought the 2010 Prius was being sold with 2 years &/or xx,000 miles (don't remember the amount) of free service (the Toyota Cares program). Was that for all Toyota models or everything other than the Prius? Shouldn't drpoehls' Prius be covered under that, & if so, why was he charged $460??

As far as his non-functioning power port that failed after his first oil change, that & the broken fuse box cover (that the dealer broke?) should be covered under warranty (since the fuse replacement didn't fix the failure). I would seriously look for another dealer to do his service if I were him.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There really IS nothing new under the sun.

You can cut-copy-paste this entire thread, replacing the word "Prius" with ____ on any automotive or motorcycle forum out there.

Obviously All dealers are not scumbags, just like all customers are not idiots...but sometimes the two do meet! :cool:

4. Angie Singer

Angie Singer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Regarding oil changes, I have a 2008 second gen Prius which is now over 200,000 thank god. It would never have made it that far if I hadn't done repeated oil changes at 3,000 using strictly synthetic oil and only gassing up with premium gas. Catalytic converters go bad on that second gen one and thankfully right before mine went out totally someone was in my neighborhood and stole it LOL so instead of costing me $10,000 it only cost me $500 for the deductible. Now that I'm over 200k I need to find out who knows what maintenance will cause other things to remain in good shape for the next 100k. Please reply if anybody knows