1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weird Electrical Issues - Toyota Unhelpful

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MikeScott, Oct 18, 2024 at 7:28 AM.

1. MikeScott

MikeScott New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Hi all, first post. Glad to be here. I have a long list of electrical issues with my 2023 Prius Limited that while infrequent, reoccur.

Some things that are going on...
    #1) I shut off the car, get out, lock the door by touching the handle. As I walk away, it rapid beeps. This happens about 1 in 50. And I even have video!

#2) Radio shuts off - screen goes black - usually while driving and I must pull over and turn off/on the car. In one case this took two tries. In a few cases, the screen was dark on start up. Same fix - turn car off then on. Most recently, all my saved favorite stations were wiped out.

#3) After a solid rain, the trunk will not open with keyfob. The next day, no problem.

#4) With the keyfob left in the car overnight on the passenger seat, the driver's door will lock and won't let me in when touching the driver's side handle. The other 3 doors are open, so I have to crawl in to press the unlock button. Also this happens with about a 1 in 50 frequency, and I now keep a stick in the car to help me reach the unlock button.

The car is garaged, no accidents, has 34,000 miles and I am coming up on the end of warranty. Basically, trying to decide if I should sell it and buy a Honda. Your responses here will decide it's fate.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I would begin the lemon law process