1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. cpitkin

cpitkin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got my new prius last wk, and was offered (pushed) to get a maintanence/extended warranty for 1550$. It will cover all oil change/tire rotation and checks for 5 yrs, and extend the warranty from 36 mo to 72 mo. Any input re this is a good offer? I know Prius chat offers 990 for the extended warranty, but doe it cover oil change, etc. thx

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That may not be a terrible deal for the combination...just make sure your extended warrant is the Toyota Platinum 7yr/100k warranty and not some 3rd party one.

While you'll probably get a bunch of people saying you got ripped off on the maintenance warranty...and you probably did....it's up to you whether to keep it or not. For the most part all the service you're going to need won't add up to the cost of the package you purchased if you just do what Toyota suggests. But it is cheaper than what the dealer suggests. So, all in all, you probably got an OK deal.

IF you wanna get a little money back you could see how much they charged you individually for the 2 items. If the Warranty cost was over $1100 or so it is probably worth it to ask for a refund (you have 30 days to do so) and get the one from PriusChat.