1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB File Volume

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tah, May 10, 2013.

1. tah

tah Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2012 Prius 3 (I think?), Nav, Backup Camera......

I loaded a USB thumb drive with a lot of MP3 files and tried to play them today. Volume was VERY low. Files are NOT any weaker or stronger in db gain than ones I have on CD so it's not the files.

If I were to turn up the stereo to the point of comfortable listening to these files...... I would have the Bluetooth Phone connect at ear shattering levels.

Why is this input form so "weak" and is there a solution?

Thanks!

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm...you might have a problem with the thumb drive or the system. I have 3 thumb USB thumb drives I have used for years, including using these same USB drives in my previous Honda Fit, and the volume level is the same, and very acceptable. I mean, when I switch to USB...there is no noticeable volume drop off from any other audio format.

Kind of stupid or obvious, but have you tried plugging this same drive into just your regular computer and then playing the files through your computer to see if they sound weak?

I don't really have an answer here other than I can say my experience is that this input form is not "weak", so unless something is wrong with either the files as downloaded to the USB, or the USB stick itself, or your specific system? Then you indeed do have a problem with one of those 3 things. It should not be weak.