1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Technical Information System using an Apple Computer?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by el723, Oct 1, 2009.

1. el723

el723 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Has anyone used a Apple computer to access the Technical Information System (TIS) and had any difficulties? The "system requirements" indicate specifically PC and Windows compatibility, but no reference to Apple.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have used it a few times. I used Safari as the browser and changed the user agent to IE6 to get past the gatekeeper that requires IE. Last time I used it was probably at least a year ago, so they may have changed things since I last used it.

The method I used was to pay for 24hrs and then go in and download all the stuff I wanted and save on my Mac. For my 2007, all the manual files are PDF, so I would open the file, do Save As, type in the name I wanted to call it (I used the abbreviation e.g. AC for Air Conditioning, and a sequential number for each section) and saved it in PDF format. I later combined the sections back together so I have one PDF file for each manual section.

I noticed that some of the newer manuals use some sort of Flash to render pages, so if you are looking at newer manuals, YMMV.

2 people like this.