1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stealth

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by hsiaolc, Apr 24, 2010.

1. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Finally My own Stealth mode. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here comes the Light Mods..

[​IMG]

HID

[​IMG]

HIDs 6000k upclose

[​IMG]

Door Side LED. Much easier to install than I think but finding the right LED was a trial and error after 3 attempts with different LEDs and finally found the ones I love.

[​IMG]

MAP LEDs. Again these were easy to install but finding the right LED took some trial and error with different ones. Finally took the plunge and bought these babies. They are super bright! Don't think the picture does Justice.

[​IMG]

Finally all lights are LEDs. It is bright but not too happy with the festoons. Can't really switch it on and off since it will move the lighting angle inside the case. I just leave it with one postion - Automatic.

Attached Files:

• P6.jpg
      P6.jpg
      File size:
      129.6 KB
      Views:
    • P7.jpg
      P7.jpg
      File size:
      135.8 KB
      Views:
    • P8.jpg
      P8.jpg
      File size:
      105.9 KB
      Views:
    • P9.jpg
      P9.jpg
      File size:
      103.1 KB
      Views:
    • P10.jpg
      P10.jpg
      File size:
      161.3 KB
      Views:
    5 people like this.
  2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's a pimped up Prius.

3. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is AWESOME I love the color/texture, tinted windows, HID's and the interior lights. Job well done. I love it.

4. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The hypermilers will want to know if the slight texture to the paint breaks up the boundary layer enough to increase your gas mileage! Looks very nice!

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sweet!

Does the T-Spirit have DRCC? If so, how did you change out the front emblem without interfering with the radar for the cruise control?

6. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No The T-Sprit that we have doesn't have the DRCC option. Not even offered. So far I am not that impressed with all the high tech they have on offer so far besides the SKS so I am sketical with the DRCC even if they offered it.

7. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Heh thanks. Been busy with it.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very nice!!

So which bulbs did you end up going with for the front markers and door courtesy (I don't recall if you mentioned it in another thread). My front marker ones are dying (one has 3 blown SMDs and the other has 1 blown SMD) and I haven't even installed my HIDs yet!

I've also noticed you went with the Toyota GB chrome accessory package!

9. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you firstly.

I didn't mention anything in any thread. I did all the mods quietly. Actually I don't even know the names of the LEDs (if they have a name really). The one for the door courtesy I got it off ebay with just one big yellow SMDs facing just one direction (side ways not forward facing).

As for the front marker I've had it since I got the car 09/09/09 and it is still going strong with no SMD dying. I got it off a website called ultraleds.

Actually you can nearly find all the LEDs I've got from Ultraleds.co.uk

The Front marke I used the 15 LED mini tower 110 lume (1 year warranty)

The door courtesy I got something like the Anti Bulb Warning Xenon but only one diection and bigger SMD.

The finally the map lights I used the big mama - Ultimate II 1W ultra xeon white 40%. Waited for a long time for this to get in stock and I wasn't disappointed. It is really really bright.

For the front I am thinking about the New Mini Light tower 13 LED with 156Lumens or even the 25 LED 175Lumen one. hmm So tempted.

10. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah forgot to add. I've got all their Chrome accessories :). My boot protector is also Geunine Chrome. They rest is chrome they call it style package. I think it looks pretty good.

I also got the protection package but Ihavn't added on yet. It is rubberised strips that goes in the middle of all the doors and the sides of both back and front bumper.

It doesn't look that good so I didn't fit it on yet. I don't think I will now that I have the matt finish.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe I should check that website out. Being in Canada, there aren't many options (and even stuff from the States have expensive shipping). Thanks for the lead!

My bulbs are from superbrightleds.com. They've got a good number of positive reviews. My licence plate lights are still working. I'm thinking it might be the smaller front marker area that may be killing the bulbs (excess heat)

12. CHIZELD

CHIZELD New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sweeeeeet!!!

13. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The few lights I havn't changed yet are the licence plate lights. Not sure I want it that bright for the cops to see. :)

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol.

Btw, how did you manage to get the 15 bulb LED into the front marker (we're talking about the forward facing one, not the side facing one)?? I thought there was limited space! I saw that the 9-bulb version they had is 15mm longer than the standard 168/194 bulb and I thought that's enough to make a difference.

15. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We call them side light but it is not really on the side. I only have one place to put them???

I am getting confused sorry.

If you are talking about the side light (front marker (the bulb above the main beam)) as I understand it can take a long LED. The stock one is very small. Eventough the clearing is not great but I just managed to put it in. The top SMD is probably only 1mm from touching the casing so it is a tight fit. I thought the light will create a lot of heat and I was afraid it might damage the casing but no mark so far and I am happy with it.

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes that's the one I'm talking about.

Oh alright, then the 9 bulb one will definitely fit. Side light/parking light... I think it's confusing because the Prius is one of a few (if not the only) car that split the light into a forward-facing one and a side-facing one.

Shipping seems reasonable... I guess...

Were all your festoons from ebay? or just the door courtesy ones? (It would look odd if the map/personal lights were super bright but the dome lamp so-so, wouldn't it?)

17. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  18. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for the late reply. Got very busy lately.

Yes I got the festoons from ebay. None of them were really that special. I went for the smallest festoons I can find because for some reason they are very tight fit.

As long as they look the same colour as the front map lights they don't look so weird. It just hightlights the power of the Map LEDs.
    Saying that I want to get ahead and the the brightest one for my front marker.

But this weekends project is to colour my Brake Calipers either Ferrai Red or Mat Black.

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's alright.

Ahh ok. Yeah our festoons are the smallest ones (3022)

20. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    NOTIFCATION!

As regards to the front marker (side light) I just bought myself a newer super LED head to toe 35mm and it doesn't fit! I took my old one out and it is a 9 SMD one and it is shorter than 35MM so before you buy anything look for anyhing shoter than 35mm length wise.