1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers don't fit! Please help! Prius 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Hue, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Hue

Hue New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi everyone,

(Attached is a picture example so you know what I'm talking about the "seat" portion cover. I'm referring to steps 3 - 6.)

I can't get my generic car seat covers to work with my Gen 3 Prius. They are multi-piece - so one piece for headrest, seat, and the back of the front seat - passenger side is identical setup. The pieces have elastic loops on the ends of the fabric with these clips to loop the elastic together so the covers don't come off of the seat.

I was previously using these car seat covers in my Rav4 and they fit perfectly. Very snug and no problem. I feel that the seats and headrest (and especially steering wheel!) are smaller sizes in the Prius than in other vehicles. My Prius also has leather seats, and the cloth covers just kind of slide over them.

The sliding happens because there's no place to clip the seat cover because I can't pull the seat cover through the back of the seat! The back of the front seats are fine and stays in place for the most part. But the seat portion keeps coming undone. It seems that the Prius seat is one-piece like an L and I can't pull the seat cover through the back of the seat to connect to the back of the seat. Is that even possible with the Prius? The Rav4's back of the seat and the seat part I was able to pull the cover through, but it doesn't appear that the Prius can.

Please help :(

Attached Files:

Dylan Doxey and Burna J like this.
  2. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    "Generic" does not necessarily mean "One Size Fits All"