1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rookie mistake while bolting water pump back up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Ohsheet, Oct 16, 2024 at 12:11 AM.

1. Ohsheet

Ohsheet New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So I pulled a rookie mistake and I'm hoping I'm not screwed big time..I changed the head gasket on the vehicle..with that being said you know there's all sorts of bolts shapes and sizes everywhere..so I get everything back on and back together after changing head gasket and I put oil and check for any type of leaks, none, so I proceed to pouring coolant..this time I hear drip......drip....drip......drip..so I'm able to follow it and see it's coming from behind the water pump..unfortunately it turns out I pulled the rookie maneuver and used a bolt that was too long when bolting the water pump back up..it went through and chipped a piece of the block off, enough to have it leaking through it a bit..so I'm hoping to be lead in the right direction, some advice, hoping to hear some great like "it's fixable", hoping I'm not completely screwed and left having to dish out major bucks for new parts..a new block?..definitely hope that's not the case I don't know..but thank you all in advance..thank you, you and you