1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reversing Camera image has lost its clarity on touch screen.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Julie Peckham, Oct 20, 2024 at 6:02 AM.

1. Julie Peckham

Julie Peckham New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, hope someone can point me in the right direction. The image of my reversing camera on my hybrid 2008 T spirit has lost its clarity. So I need to replace just the connectors or the camera too? Also where do I find out what parts I need and where from? I can’t seem to find one specifically for this model. Are they universal? Any help and direction will be appreciated. Thank you
    Julie

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you cleaned the camera lens?

3. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This. In other situations the camera focus might be adjustable in and out, and the lens position might have slipped.

The MFD isn't going to make a picture out of focus or fuzzy, it is a flat screen display and has no "focus" at all, pixels are more or less 1:1 in position with those in the input signal. A bad MFD might make the image dim, or have holes in it, or be mottled though. It might have an image which moves around on the screen (if there is a problem with sync.) If there is static or other "noisy" image, especially if it gets worse when the car vibrates, suspect a problem with the cables. That sort of issue could be in any circuit board too, like from a cracked solder joint, but always start with the cables since they are more exposed to abuse.

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I usually have to clean (or rather dry) the lens before backing in when it has rained on the drive home.

On time, when that did not clarify the image, I had to gently (hand) polish the lens with some cutting compound followed by some headlight lens polishing cream.

I don't know what happened to necessitate that (and visual inspection of the lens surface did not show anything of significance), but it cleared up the image so it was vastly improved.