1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing marks on spoiler

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Andy Cooper, May 22, 2018.

1. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Excel
    A very basic question but (before I attempt this and possibly make matters worse) can anyone recommend the best method to get these marks off the rear spoiler?

20180514_124146.jpg

2. QuantumFireball

QuantumFireball Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Should be safe enough to use a typical car polish on there. I used Autoglym Super Resin Polish on my spoiler, and maybe some Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 for any deeper scratches.

Also, try not to use it to close the hatch - these spoilers have been known to get loose and break off...

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk EGR Fanatic

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Out in the middle like that is tough. Ask a body shop? I've used Dupli-Color Universal Black (CASF 0100), but just on the trailing edge, and even there it's a little funky. Out in the middle, touch up will stand out. I'd suspect body shop would propose to fill/sand/spray/buff the whole thing.

4. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Excel
    Thank you for your replies @QuantumFireball and @Mendel Leisk. I have just given it a gentle try with some auto glym (glass) polish which seems to be working - so it's not as deep/bad as I feared. I will see how it looks in the morning!

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. QuantumFireball

QuantumFireball Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Yes, they don't look like deep scratches to me, I'd say most of that can be sorted with some polish and elbow grease.

Andy Cooper likes this.