1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Rear Panel P/N 76801-47060-J1 Color: 8S2

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by tomctomc, Jul 20, 2008.

1. tomctomc

tomctomc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was jacking up my car to rotate tires - with the hatch up and put 2 scratches in this panel when it hit my garage door overhead - yeah I'm a dope... The panel is the one right above the rear license plate with the Toyota logo and lock button on it. The scratches are each about 3" long and penetrated into the white plastic below the paint. The color is currently seaside pearl blue. The car had 5000 miles on it (its a 2008 pkg 2) when I did this so I went ahead and bought a replacement part for $148.This part comes with the hatch opening switch, the lock switch and the wiring harness. Installation is very easy with just 4 bolts holding it on behind the hatch interior panel. There is a knockout removed to clear the rear camera as my car is equipped with this.

A little filler and a rattlecan or better paint job will have the old one looking good. I suppose the color could easily be changed to any. If you have been rear-ended or have other damage to the rear - you probably need this part and can save some money.

I would like $70 for it (or BO) plus shipping. I can send a picture of the item if there is interest.