1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rear hatch unlock

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by aero50zoom, Mar 2, 2010.

1. aero50zoom

aero50zoom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    is the rear hatch suppose to unlock when you walk up to it with the keyless fob in your pocket?
    the manual isn't clear to me and the picture isn't correct.
    the service gentleman said i have to physically push the botton on the key fob to unlock the hatch.

2. direstraits71

direstraits71 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    2010 Model II has the one door Smart Key System (SKS) and only works on the drivers door. You will have to push the button on the fob to unlock the hatch or the passenger's door. The other option is to unlock your driver's door first and press the button, or have the driver's door set to open all other doors when it is opened. This is a user settable option. You choose either driver's door only or all doors to unlock with the driver's door.

1 person likes this.
  3. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not with Opt II or III. You have to have Opt IV or V to get SKS on the hatch and right front door. Bummer isn't it? You can see some of these configuration differences easiest in the car's dealer brochure Specifications, Features, and Packages back pages. The other disappointing discovery was an old standard rear-view mirror. Sigh...

1 person likes this.
  4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It is a bummer that Toyota did not include the 3-door SKS in all models but it is well documented on the Toyota online website if you do a little research before purchase.

5. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a V, and the hatch does not unlock when you just walk up to it, you still need to press on the rubber pad. It will not operate unless you have the RKS in your pocket.

6. Tande

Tande Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds right to me....BUT I could be wrong...

7. direstraits71

direstraits71 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This is correct, none of the SKS doors unlock just by approaching the door/hatch on Gen 2 or 3. You have to put your hand in the door handle or squeeze the handle/rubber pad on the hatch. And have the SKS fob within range of the door or hatch sensor.