1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PSA: 2016-2018 Prius owners - OCTOBER 15 - Toyota Reimbursement for windshield repair or replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by kaynin, Sep 26, 2024.

1. kaynin

kaynin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi Prius family,

I have a 2018 Prius Prime, and I was sent this postcard in the mail earlier this year, and am only getting around to filing for a claim this week (typical procrastination).

Just wanted to share this information with anyone who might not have received it.
    I think this is limited to the United States, but you'd need to check.

"... You may be eligible for the Out-of-Pocket Reimbursement Program if you are a current or former owner or lessee of a 2016-2018 Toyota Prius or Toyota Prime vehicle and you have out of pocket expenses related to repair or replacement of a cracked Toyota OEM windshield."

"You must submit your Out-of-Pocket Reimbursement Form and supportive documentation so it is received by the Reimbursement Administrator by October 15, 2024..."

There is a QR code on the postcard that takes you to their link (Which I can't post here).

Phone Number: 844-511-9982

I'm pretty sure this is legitimate, given that there's a reddit thread on this:

Attached Files:

bisco likes this.
  2. m8547

m8547 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Has anyone successfully made a claim? How do they determine rock vs pebble? I have a circular bull's eye crack from a "pebble", and I've been putting off getting the windshield replaced due to the cost. I have some clear tape over it. I don't want to get it replaced if the claim is likely to be denied, because the tape is working fine and by Murphy's law I'll get another crack shortly after having the windshield replaced. I'm also not happy with the quality of aftermarket glass that glass shops have been putting in my other vehicles.