1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius and IPod Shuffle (RP)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jdauteuil, Nov 20, 2006.

1. jdauteuil

jdauteuil New Member

I just bought a cheapy 1G IPod Shuffle... To me, it looks like I won't be able to use it in my Prius? I don't want a fancy tool to make it work in my car, and I don't have a tape deck so what do I do? You guys are the experts so guide me :)

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Do you have the AUX input? If so, just go to Radio Shack and get a 1/8" jack to 1/8" jack cable. Plug that into your AUX input and your headphone output.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    i keep forgetting (and it's been a long day...) do all '06's have the AUX jack, or does it start at a certain point?

Anyways, with the aux jack you can get a 1/8" male to male audio cable (basically has the same ends as your headphones) and use it with any audio device you can use headphones with. should run you a couple of bucks or less.

Unfortunately, there's no way to fully integrate it into the car. If your model doesn't have an aux jack, you *could* get the Dice unit and use the aux jack on that to connect it - but once again, you wouldn't have screen info or steering wheel control over the unit (plus, it would be a bit expensive).