1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2010 Uk..Xenon Head lamps

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Dr Prius, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Dr Prius

Dr Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi

Just to share my experience of low beam Xenon head light lamps..exactly of same power(55w Type A H11)

See pic below

Its not very strong like original halogen lamps and am not sure if i would keep them..any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What brand are these? Your photos are too blurry, but the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs are at least as strong as the stock bulbs so you might want to consider them.

3. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not sure if this is relevant. When I first inserted a 35watt 6000k HID Xenon kit I got very dim, very blue lights. Reading around the forums I realised that the CANBUS was not giving the lights full power. I inserted a relay and now the lights are much more powerful. Still too blue for me so I've ordered 4300k units.

4. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    they look ok.. a little blurry which was already said. Any chance you can put that camera on a tripod and take a pic. I wonder what they look like with a steady hand. can you take a few from different angles?

Ryan

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A little blurry to get a good feel of the lights. Mine are pretty good and are at least as strong as the halogens (although when you look at them from the outside, they look really bright). Mine are 5000K units from MobileHID. They have a relay on them.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm thinking the OP is using halogen Xenon-look bulbs and not HIDs. If they are HIDs then they must be very dim to be even remotely comparable to a stock halogen.

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Because the angle of the headlight will affect how bright it appears to the camera, I would suggest picking a cleaner area and taking pictures from the front of the car looking forward.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ohh, I see what you're saying.

If that's the case, I'd go with Phillips X-Treme Power from powerbulbs.com or the Osram Silverstar if the OP prefers something whiter.