1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A80 code and hybrid fan blowing hard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by alancosta, Feb 1, 2024.

1. alancosta

alancosta New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hello,

Two days ago, while driving my car, a red warning light with an exclamation mark inside a car symbol suddenly appeared on the screen, like this:
    [​IMG]

When I scanned for the error code, I received a P0A80 error. Additionally, there's a lot of noise coming from the hybrid fan near the right rear passenger seat. I think there might be a problem with the cooling part. Also, when I scanned the hybrid cells, I got the following result:
    [​IMG]

Only cell 7 appears to be lower than the others. Can anyone help with this problem? Could it be due to the hybrid battery or some other part (like the fan, cooling, etc.)?

Thank you.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You might could run discharge and recharge cycles but you need equipment to do that

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, the battery needs to be replaced

4. Brian1954

Brian1954 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I already answered this question in your original thread for the same problem.
    https://priuschat.com/index.php?threads/246557/

Why did you create a new thread??? Everybody, please use the original thread to post responses!!!