1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a new battery but im not sure what to go with

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Thorn_, May 17, 2023.

1. Thorn_

Thorn_ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello I finally got the red triangle of death and P0A80 code, and I need to replace the hybrid battery on my Prius.
    My first option I was the considering was buying the batteries directly from Toyota and install it myself. My second choice was to buy one from projectlithium or newpriusbatteries.

The questions I had were did the v2 from projetlithium solve the regen charging issue that causes the battery to die early.
    &
    Is there any Toyota dealers the will sell the battery directly to me around the Los Angles area?

also is there any student discounts for projectlithium or newpriusbatteries

Thank you

#1 Thorn_, May 17, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do not buy the 2 non oem batteries. They are not tested and some reviewers will tell you to stay away.

The OEM will cost you less and is PROVEN to last you a very long time. You can buy from Longo Toyota "online" and pick up at the counter (just tell them to honor the online price). The price is much cheaper this way

Tombukt2 and Thorn_ like this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    How I bought mine . Toyo dealer online price mine was 1400. Trade in success. Make sure cover on battery is silver w toyoda sticker intact. No green bean covers etc.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    don't expect $1,400. at the dealer

Tombukt2 likes this.
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No that was about a year and 3 months ago or something I don't know what it is now might be another $800 or something by now

bisco likes this.