1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2010 Prius IV Gas Mileage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by michaellam510, Nov 2, 2011.

1. michaellam510

michaellam510 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four

This will be the second time I had to filled up the tank. Every filled-up the meter read in the mid 450 miles on full tank. This is right?

I have few people telling me they are getting 520 to a full tank. This is something you need to reset on the gauge screen or this is gauge issue error?

Thanks,

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We are going to need a Lot more info to help.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...-answer-these-questions-esp-if-youre-new.html

is a starting point to tell us about your mileage. The car is some part of the MPG, but driving style, location and weather will tell us more.

Some of the happiest Prius owners get 38 MPG delivering the mail. It beats the 9 MPG they could get in a Jeep. So tell us how and where and how far you drive in the linked Questionnaire.

(we are going to want Miles Per Gallon, not miles per tank. We all fill up at a different point)

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The number of miles you get on each tank fillup depends on your average mpg and how far you are emptying the tank before fillup. Those getting over 500 miles are usually in the 60's in mpg or either run dangerously close to running out of gas.

You reset the tank miles by resetting either Trip A or B each time you fill up.

4. Gary Otto

Gary Otto Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That's about what we get...with 55 MPG indicated. It usually takes around 8 gallons to top off the tank. So, it must have quite a reserve when the indicator reads low.