1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loose Front Bumper?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by CoyoteBlue, Mar 16, 2011.

1. CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

2011 Prius III, purchased 2/1/2011.

I know the lower part of the front bumper is supposed to have some play to absorb minor things like curb scrapes... But my front bumper cover appears to be not properly attached at the top!

Specifically, the passenger's side top corner that comes to a point at the wheel well right below the headlight assembly. I can grab the edge and pull it clean off the body of the car. It snaps back and stays in place while driving, but the driver's side definitely doesn't detach like that.

From what I can see when I have it pulled away from the wheel well, there are two black plastic fasteners that fit into square holes in the underlying metal. One is completely missing the clip that is supposed to keep it in there, and the other one just doesn't hold.

I haven't hit or caught the bumper on anything that would yank it. I noticed it was loose while washing my car, so I know for sure there isn't a scratch on there.

Do you think I can get this covered under warranty? I know I'm probably looking at a whole $20 worth of parts, but I don't want the hassle of removing the bumper myself to replace them.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh yeah, take it in and have them fix it (under warranty). Don't take no for answer.