1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Impending Flood!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Johnsky88, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Johnsky88

Johnsky88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V

I'm based on the outskirts of Bangkok which is currently a "high risk" area for an impending flood that's heading my way, sometime in the next couple of days.
    I'm hoping that it'll not be more than 1m of flood that I'll be facing with, however, I need some advice in the worst case scenario if I can't find an elevated place to park my car, what's the best measure I should take?
    Should I disconnect all batteries?

Thanks!

John

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry to hear about this John. We have seen from someone else on this board that a flooded Prius is not good. The HV battery is completely disconnected whenever you turn it off.

Just try to keep it dry.

[edit] - here is the link to the other flood case.

3. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've known folks in flood/hurricane areas of the USA and they seek parking places on inside walls of upper floors of hotel parking structures. The upper floors stay dry and the hotels are very motivated to clean up and re-open to house the recovery personnel.

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Its not the batteries you have to worry about - its all of the electrical harnesses and connectors that will get wet and muddy and eventually corrode if the car gets flooded. Insurance companies will usually take a total loss on the car if it is subjected to flood.