1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm getting all 4 brake pads replaced, do I NEED to resurface the rotors? (pictures included)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Gassavingfenatic2024, Oct 19, 2024 at 5:24 PM.

1. Gassavingfenatic2024

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello everyone, I will be getting all of my brake pads replaced at my local shop in a few days. The shop recommended I resurface the rotors but from the research I've done that might not even be necessary considering the condition of my rotors. ALL my rotors look to be pretty smooth and no major wear or lips. The left rear rotor has minor markings from metal to metal contact. and the front 2 have some rust, on the inner circumference of the rotor but that's about it. I will clean it with some brake cleaner and sand paper and see what it looks like after, but take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think. The two front ones were resurfaced at 86,000 and now I'm at 203,000.

Attached Files:

#1 Gassavingfenatic2024, Oct 19, 2024 at 5:24 PM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2024 at 5:38 PM