1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much does it cost to replace new battery pack on Prius 2010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Wadood Khan Abdul, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Wadood Khan Abdul

Wadood Khan Abdul Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How much does it cost to replace new battery pack on Prius 2010?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Look online at liketo.com or the big Toyota dealer in your area but look it up online that way there you get the maximum discount all the percents off you can get and all of that minimize the fees and everything what does it say when you look it up in your area I don't know I can't see from here I paid $16.45 the first week or two of the pandemic somebody paid $17 something a few weeks ago I don't know where what the details were I thought it was 1745. Now if you walk into the dealer and just say I need a new battery I don't know it's going to be about four grand installed. Somebody just said now they won't sell them to regular human beings they got to be sold to an installer that's hybrid certified never heard of such crap so now that's going to put a lot of markup on your dealer part having to deal with these wonderful folks but I'm not sure that this is actually true and I'm imagining I could get the certification to be a hybrid something another pretty quickly kind of like the CFC license scam answer five questions 10 questions and you have your CFC license so there's always that.

3. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Depends on who does it. You can do it yourself and save $500-1000 labor.
    It's not hard to do. Hardest part is pulling the whole pack out, and putting it back in.

Just don't get a "refurbished" battery. They are just used blocks.
    *Didn't notice you we're in the US....

#3 ASRDogman, Jun 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hard to say for pakistan. here, it is around $2,000. for a battery, and $400.+ for installation

Mendel Leisk likes this.