1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hard accelerator

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by taxicraig, Mar 5, 2023.

1. taxicraig

taxicraig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone had it on 2010 gen 3 .. the accelerator feels hard to press .. cruise control engine speeds up fine .. but normal and power mode have to press harder than you should .. no codes no mat stuck under pedal etc

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Tombukt2 likes this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I cannot remember the last time our 2013 has been out of Eco mode I don't drive it that often but an Eco mode it drives about like my Corolla so I don't ever put it in power mode personally and I even when the trailers connected to it I just drive accordingly I'm not looking to really go faster or have blazing acceleration that equals gas down the toilet generally speaking so what did I made it to the stoplight for 10th of a second faster than the lightning truck personally that's just not much with me anymore so I don't really notice the acceleration or lack thereof much anymore I don't think there's any resistance connected to the pedal. Why You're pressing more all of a sudden I have no idea maybe you left some things in the trunk I see you're a taxi maybe you have an overweight person in the car I have no idea but I guess that's kind of interesting I thought I overthought my vehicles.. But any extra weight uphill angle or any of that will cause any of this as you well know so I guess this is something you've been watching for some time now.

3. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Was it less "hard" earlier, under the same circumstances?