1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 3 bad 12v/bad hybrid battery now?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by AltraStache, Dec 2, 2023.

1. AltraStache

AltraStache Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I have a 2010 that has been sitting idle outside for a few months now. I went to start it the other day and it had no real power other than a faint glow of a dome light. I pulled the 12v and put it on the charger for 2 days. I checked the 12v with my meter and it read 12.67. I put the 12v back in the prius today and it started right up. However, the yellow triangle, "Check the hybrid system" light/warning is on and wont come off. I took the car for a quick 3 mile drive and it seemed to work/drive/respond just fine...other than all the dash lights as described above. I triple checked the orange hybrid disconnect level plus the other little 3 white plugins in the rear of the car.

Any other things to check/reset/unplug/fuses to pull before taking the car to the auto parts store or Toyota to have it scanned and the codes checked?

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't remember what they are, but there are codes you'll have to clear before it will go away.
    Techstream or something similar...

AltraStache likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The yellow light indicates there's an error code that defines the problem. Most auto parts stores will check your code for free. But you can save yourself waiting for a tow truck someday if you buy an inexpensive OBD2 reader to keep in your glove box. This device connects your phone to your car and then you can clear your own error codes with Car Scanner App or Dr. Prius app or something similar. Alternatively, you can disconnect 12v battery for a couple minutes to see if that clears the code for a while before it comes back.

Once you know the error codes come back to this thread and tell us and we'll walk you through the next steps to take.

AltraStache likes this.