1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Found a botched paint touch up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by DELLsFan, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DELLsFan

DELLsFan New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So, I love the new 2011 Prius III and have been driving it for a week or so and noticed a spot where someone (presumably the dealer) had attempted touched up a very small portion of the roof - right in the rear where the roof ends and the hatchback door begins. I say attempted, because the gob of blizzard pearl paint was clearly not applied properly and quite obviously just dabbed on a nick and not smoothed and applied properly.

I should just show the dealer and be done with it or has too much time gone by since they took my money? :confused:

2. mickaphely

mickaphely Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I say go back and talk with the dealer, you got nothing to lose.
    if they refuse to make it right, explain to them how its not fair that you buy a brand new car and find this done to it. Tell them that you are a member of the Forums and/or online communities and you will bring their reputation down if they don't fix what they have done.
    if that doesn't work, then atleast you tried.

1 person likes this.
  3. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ask them - the worst that happens is they say no.

Let it drop in conversation that you have yet to receive the satisfaction survey and that you are really hoping that you will be able to rate the experience as excellent all around.

1 person likes this.
  4. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Go to the dealer. I have a friend who worked for a Chevy dealer for years; they were patching paint all the time. Apparently, the car carriers are notorious for how rough they are and sometimes the cars are not properly secured, the movement rubs against the carrier or chains or various sundry other things on the truck.
    The dealer won't be surprised, other than at his technicians’ shoddiness.

1 person likes this.