1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dr. Prius advice

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jo-Jo Joseph Mims, Dec 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jo-Jo Joseph Mims

Jo-Jo Joseph Mims Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ive got a new to me '10 and im running dr. Prius to see what the battery is doing...i know it has issues and im going to change some modules. I have plenty from my 07...

Ive never fully understood the dr. Prius app. So im looking for basic info.

All 14 modules are bouncing around between 16.62-16.67v with 25-26milli-ohm... Except for #6...which mostly hangs out around 16.5ish w 24 milli-ohms

Is this enough info to lead to recommendations?

20211209_190909.jpg

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The green voltage indicators are a pretty light show and can be helpful at times, but not as exciting as it first may seem. Here's what I see as the two most important:

--On the far left, 2nd row the number know as "Voltage difference" is a good one to keep an eye on. As your battery gets older each module / cell in the battery pack will deteriorate at a slightly different rate. Currently 0.18v like yours is normal, but over time that number will go up. Once it's consistently at 0.31v you're going to have moments where it goes up to .4 and .5 and even higher and this is when you'll get warning light and will have to consider doing a rebuild vs. replacing with new.

--Also notice the three Battery temp numbers. If you have warning lights and clear them and keep driving you'll want to make sure it doesn't get too hot or you'll do damage to the whole pack. Also if one of the cells in your pack fails, you may get an early warning with one of those temp readings being higher.