1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the European car have neat things we don't have?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lucyjeanne, Oct 2, 2004.

1. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

:?: I have a question for you bright folks. I was looking at the brightness "wheel" to the left of the steering wheel (underneath-- kind of) and I saw another rectangular "space"-- already "cut out" right next to it. You see that in a lot of cars where they leave a space for cool options that you did not get with your particular car.

Well, then I was under the steering wheel looking at the SE/SS button-- and I found 3 (three) more of those rectangular "cut-outs"-- just waiting to be used for SOMETHING!

Is that where they might put the EV button on the European cars-- perhaps? But 4 cut-outs! What are we missing? (Better yet-- what cool things is Toyota planning to include-- that they already know about-- for the next stage of Prius cars? Any ideas from you smart folks?

Thanks for your creative insight.

2. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I believe European cars have rear disk brakes.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    And 16" wheels.

4. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

:roll:

5. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The EV button goes in a knockout to the left of the steering wheel near the dimmer switch. No idea what the other knockouts under the steering column are.

The Europeans also get a more sporty suspension tuning and rear Fog Lights at least.

They don't have the Bladder or Thermos to my knowledge. Don't know if they have HID available there or not. HIDs aren't available in Canada.

6. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tempus\";p=\"43070)</div>
    :roll: YO! Tempus! now you have to tell me what YOU mean by: "more sporty suspension TUNING? What's that? And what do you mean they don't have a Bladder (gas tank bladder??? I thought all the cars had that [problem!]) THERMOS? What is that? And lastly: What is HID? Whew! That's a lot for you to answer! Thanks! :oops:

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucyjeanne\";p=\"43071\"[.[/quote)</div>

Coolant Heat Storage: A thermos-type container stores three liters of coolant at close to boiling temperature for up to three days. When the Power button is pressed, hot coolant is injected into the engine, avoiding a cold start. This reduces emissions at startup, as well as wear and tear on the engine.

Lucyjeanne...... This site might help you as well, http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Prius-2G/files/

I also donated 10 pts to you for asking questions :)

Bob Andersen

8. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

BobA said: "I also donated 10 pts to you for asking questions."

Can we REALLY donate points to other folks? I thought that was an "in" joke. Or can we really do that?????? Are you kidding me? I am new to all this "forum" stuff-- and typing my butt off.

Thanks for your help!

PS I went to the Yahoo site like you suggested but it asked for my password-- and I do not fiddle with Yahoo. They set into motion more spam than you can shake a stick at........

Maybe you can copy the info into a "text" file and then merely "paste" the info into a reply here.....

Would be quite informative to lots of folks......
    Thanks a bunch!

9. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    you are welcome for the points... you can give them to anyone but yourself...

the file at yahoo is a large one, and if you read the Q& A's here you will find a lot of the things you are asking... that doesn't mean don't ask we all can use the answer skills so when we get asked on the street we can give good answers to those asking... if we just got commissions for the Prii that we sold..... :lol:

Bob Andersen

10. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    European get Rear brake but Japanese dont but we get EV mode switch :mrgreen:
    Is it European Prius has TV tuner built in for Navi package??

11. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    No TV tuner in Europe, nor the video parking game thing!

We do get EV switch & disc (as stated). Where you have your dash light we have a headlight leveler as well. I dont think our lights are HID, never found out for sure.

We get 2 packages in Europe (UK is different). The Sol has most things except SE/S, foglamps, Cruise Control. Executive has these. Navi is an option (for both?). No alarm available

UK gets 3 versions, and an alarm but no SE/S or dash power outlet (?)

12. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hummm, interesting...
    In Japan Prius has S without SE/SS & G with SE/SS trim level and also order with Touring Package.
    Touring Package include, Spoiler package, 16" rim, HID w/ Foglights. All Prius is able to order wit Navi package. Navi include, Intellegent Parking Assitance, TV tuner, AM/FM tuner, CD Changer, MD player.

13. StuartS

StuartS Guest

All UK cars have rear wiper, rear fog lights (must have by law), Side and curtain airbags, EV switch, climate control, headlamp height adjuster, plus various other bell 'n whistles.

There are 3 models;
    T3 is the basic which compaired with other cars is well equipped, including a single CD/RDS radio & 6 speakers. Priced at £17,500

14. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Bladder and Thermos are part of the PZEV emissions rating in the US. The bladder is the flexible fuel tank that prevents out-gassing of fuel vapors while the car is sitting still and the Thermos is the coolant storage tank under the hood which helps the car warm up faster.

I don't know the details of the suspension tuning but Toyota has said that the US and Europe have different car ride/handling preferences, so they tuned the Euro suspension tighter than the US one, including the 16" wheels, and different shock/spring rates.

15. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The UK press release says "What we ended up with was adopting rebound springs at the front and rear of the Prius for Europe – which are not fitted to Japan and USA versions, where driving conditions are very
    different.â€

16. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Speedracer\";p=\"43117)</div>
    What is the TV tuner? MD player? Intelligent parking? (I think the Lexus has that and some American cars, right?-- But what is it?) Thanks for the explanation!

17. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

4knockouts.whatgoes.in.them.under.steering.wheelWhat isHID?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tempus\";p=\"43070)</div>
    What is HID????? Can you explain that one to me? Thanks!

18. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StuartS\";p=\"43127)</div>
    The price that you quote appears to be much less than we pay in the USA. Isn't a pound about $1.80 US dollars? Am I incorrect? You are getting a "deal" indeed, it appears. Correct me if I am wrong.

19. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    £17,500 is about $31,500. Doesn't sound like that much of a deal to me! It does include 17.5% sales tax, plus all the delivery and registration charges though.

20. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lucyjeanne\";p=\"43236)</div>
    IF order with Navi Package it come with Intellegent Parking Assistnace Also, include AM/FM radio/TV Tuner, In-dash 6 CD Changer, In-dash MD player :mrgreen:
    Navi Package is about $2400
    My Prius is about 30k that include ($3500) fees, and taxes :roll: