1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear Bra on Super White Prii

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by priaki, Sep 22, 2006.

1. priaki

priaki New Member

Hi All,

Many thanks to everyone for all their wonderful information on PC. I picked up my Super White Package 3 last Tues (9/12). I love it so far. At the dealership they tried to sell me on the VentureShield clear bra and bumper protector. In then end I decided against it and now I am having second thoughts.

I have 3 questions

1. For those of you who have white prii's ... are your bumper dings very noticeable???

2. For those of you who have the venture shield or like product (3m).. is it very noticeable ??? I was only able to see it on darker cars

3. What type of bumper protector would you recommend, Venture Shield, 3M or other???

I do a lot of street parking and this is my 1st brand dandy new car so I want to keep her looking as good possible.
    Thanks

2. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Priaki @ Sep 22 2006, 06:43 AM) [snapback]323398[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Priaki

My 2006 is white. The bumper dings are black (when the paint comes off). They show. My clear bra is on the hood only. I use touch up paint on the bumper and so far have not have a whole lot of dings, but they show as I said. I didn't cover the bumper because it is down and out of direct view and I thought I could get away with touch up paint and because covering it with clear bra material is not cheap. Also, serious dings on the clear bra material will show and may be harder to repair.

It is a dandy new car!

Allan

3. findlj

findlj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've also got an '06 Super White Prius. I'm having the VentureShield installed this Saturday. After talking with installers for both the 3M protectant film and VentureShield, I've decided both products will require significant maintenance. The installer I've chosen installs both products and said that I should figure on washing the VentureShield every week and waxing it once a month on the white car. Evidently tiny pores in both products will trap dirt and eventually discolor the film. If you maintain the film, this discoloration will be minor. I believe over time either product will yellow significantly and probably need to be replaced. I hope to get about 5 years from mine after talking with others. Note that other colors would not require waxing as often. He says the VentureShield is a more durable product and offers a longer warranty. The price is slightly lower for VentureShield.