1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changed my brakes and abs and brake light on????

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jamesleber, Apr 11, 2007.

1. jamesleber

jamesleber New Member

and only the passanger side seem to been stopping the car. After driving the car, the caiper on the pass side are hot and the drivers side are cool. All I did was get the rotors turned and put new pads on, Like I have on many other cars. Any ideas??

I changed my own brakes. I took the rotors off and hd them turned. I compressed the caliper pistons and put the new brake pads on that I bought from autozone. I have always changed my own brakes and never had a problem (1st time on the prius though).

To answer the other question, I live in the mountains. I have to use my brakes allot. I do have 26,000 miles on it though. The brakes barely went metal on metal. I always turn the rotors after the touch metal.

Any ideas on what I might have screwed up?

Thank you!!

James

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jamesleber @ Apr 11 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]421523[/snapback]</div>
    not knowing if this will help but on our jeep that had abs and disc all around I too had a problem like that .
    When I used a c - clamp to press in the calipers , I pushed out some brake fluid then the computer had to cycle a few times before it was normal, BTW my brake light came on at first then went off after a few cycles.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Take a look at this topic, perhaps that is your problem.

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Apr 11 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]421657[/snapback]</div>
    I learn more about the Prius everyday

thanks all