1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

building the prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by skal2373, Apr 14, 2011.

1. skal2373

skal2373 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi every one; I have had my Prius II just over one month and 1700 miles so far got it just after the quake! I think I got one of the very last deals out there and paid below MSRP. $10 over invoice; it was a one day special at a local dealers! WOW what a great car, I love trying to get the most out of a tank of gas and so far I am up to 57 mpg on a tank! All highway driving! Today I called customer service at Toyota to see if there is a DVD on the building of the Prius that was obtainable but the rep. said he did not know of any. Does any one know of a promo DVD on the construction of the Prius? Thanks:)

2. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Youtube "Prius assembly"

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm unaware of any such thing.
    Yep. Those videos were posted at http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...2010-prius-made-in-tsutsimi-plant-videos.html.

I made some comments at http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...made-in-tsutsimi-plant-videos.html#post876241 and http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...de-in-tsutsimi-plant-videos-2.html#post876627 as I've actually taken a tour of the Tsutsumi plant. At the time, the 2nd gen Prius was new and on the line.

I've also toured Mazda and Nissan plants in Japan along w/NUMMI (now owned by Tesla) and Ford Rouge.

1 person likes this.
  4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What a score! Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you ever can get up to Georgetown, Ky. I'd highly recomened touring the Toyota plant there. They make Camry's, Avalon and Venza's there. It's a facinating tour.

6. briank

briank Solar Powered

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You could watch the intro movie to Gran Turismo 5 for PS3. There is about 30 seconds total of video of the Prius assembly line :)

7. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings and Welcome Aboard!!!
    :welcome:

Enjoy the car!!

8. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow! As spiderman said, those visits were quite the score! In my experience, tours of Japanese plants can be quite difficult! Several years ago we had to pull all sorts of strings to get a tour of Honda's Sayama, Saitama plant where CR-Vs and Odysseys were being assembled.

Going back a "few years," a tour of the Studebaker plant in South Bend was a piece-of-cake :)

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No. It was no problem at all, except that Toyota plant tours in Japan are currently suspended per TOYOTA:plant Tour & Toyota Kaikan Museum. I think I just had to give them a call. The same was true for Mazda.

For Nissan, I TOTALLY lucked out in getting one since they stopped doing English tours long ago. (Story at MY350Z.COM Forums - View Single Post - Tour of Tochigi confirmed.) For NUMMI, one could reserve online, but alas, NUMMI is no more.

For Ford Rouge, I think I just had to show up. I was on the tour w/a couple Priuschatters.