1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buggy Toyota Multimedia System changed the Charging and Sound settings by themselves.

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by flim, Oct 11, 2024 at 3:32 AM.

1. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I came home today at around 6pm & plugged the charger. My Chargepoint alerted me a few hours later that my charging has been completed??

I was surprised to get the alert since I knew my dashboard charging schedule was set to charge at 4am but It charged my car at the highest utility rate from 4pm-9pm!

This already happened once before and I thought maybe my setting was changed to "Charge Now" but when I checked the dashboard setting, it was still scheduled for.4am. It was in the Toyota Multimedia System that was set to "Charge Now" and I had to turned it off again since it will override my 4am schedule.

The same thing also happened with the sound settings earlier today when the navigation was running and the sound was so LOUD and somehow the setting was at maximum and I had to turn the volume down again.

The charging cable lock was also turned on at least once without my knowledge.