1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A couple of warning lights are on...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by saelee39, Jun 27, 2008.

1. saelee39

saelee39 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a '04 and lately a few warning lights have been on:
    1. Maintenance light: what symptoms will cause this light to come on? And how do I reset it?

2. Exclamation mark light, both the one with a circle and the triangle around it... I think this has to do with the Hybrid system and what can this be?

3. On the MFD, when I turn off the screen, there is a shape of a car on the upperleft... was wondering what this is also...

Thank you..

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Don't they have dealers where you live? The only drive I would do with those lights would be to the service tech, and then only of a tow truck was not available. Maint. Light means its time for an oil change. Its easy to reset...lots of posts here on that, or read your manual ... no big deal. Exclamation light doesn't sound like a good thing. Not sure what the MFD is showing you. I have an 06, and my screen only shows the little green leaf cars as a result of energy stored back to the batteries. Go talk to the dealer.

3. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you post a picture of the lights?

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You really need to read the owner's manual. If you did not receive the Owner's Manual and the Scheduled Maintenance Guide when you got the car, buy them from Toyota (online or at a dealer). In this case it sounds like a visit to a dealer is needed.

5. northwichita

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    2. Exclamation mark light, both the one with a circle and the triangle around it... I think this has to do with the Hybrid system and what can this be?

Engine code(s) were set. Could be lots of things, I had mine read at a local auto parts store for free. I recommend buying a scan gauge to read this with CAN readability. A scangauge II is really nice.